Grease Fire in Kitchen

On Saturday, May 26th, 2018 at about 12:26 AM, the Waterloo Police Department and the Waterloo Fire Department responded to Elizabeth Crossing, 41 Church Street, apartment C-3, Waterloo, NY, 13165, for a report of a water flow alarm activation. After Police arrived, it was determined there was an active kitchen stove fire that was put out by a friend of the tenant who was at the apartment babysitting. The fire was a result of grease igniting in a frying pan on the stove while the babysitter was cooking. The children were evacuated from the apartment before the fire spread.

Waterloo Police Department and the Waterloo Fire Department were also assisted by American Red Cross and Finger Lakes Ambulance.

There were no injuries and the apartment was condemned due to the damage caused by water from a sprinkler head in the kitchen and the fire.