Domestic Violence

There are no direct domestic violence services provided by the police department. The police department can assist individuals looking for information and services related to domestic violence. Officers are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to assist individuals seeking those services. You may also contact the Domestic Violence Hotline at (315)539-1607 or call  1-8oo-688-1788, extension 1607  to speak with a domestic violence staff member. Staff can be contacted at either number 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can also click the Domestic Violence Services link. This link will direct you to the Seneca County website and provide you with all services and information related to domestic violence within Seneca County.

General Questions

The Waterloo Police Department operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The police department administrative offices are open from Monday thru Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and are closed on weekends. During administrative hours, there will be records personnel officer at the front office that you can speak directly with. You may also reach the police department front office by phone during those administrative hours. The phone number is (315)539-2022.

You can request a check of your house/property while you are away (vacation, etc.) by calling the Waterloo Police Department or stopping in (Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.). You can also fill out the Property Check Form.

Copies of police reports are generally available 5 days after the FOIL request is made at the police department. A member of the Waterloo Police Department will contact you when the copy of the report is ready to pick up.

Click on the Offender Watch link. This link will bring you to the Seneca County Offender Watch website homepage. Once on the homepage, all you need to do is click on the “Search for Offenders in your area” button and follow the instructions. You can also contact the Waterloo Police Department for any questions.

If you would like to compliment or complain about any member of the Waterloo Police Department, please fill out the Citizens Comments Form.

Children under the age of 4 and weighing less than 40 pounds must be in approved child safety seats. Children ages 4, 5, 6, and 7 must be properly secured in an appropriate child restraint system, such as a child safety seat, harness/vest, or booster seat. Seat belts are not designed for children under a height of 4 ft., 9 in. and do not protect small children. Your child should stay in a booster seat until the adult seat belt fits him or her properly. This is usually when your child reaches 4 ft., 9in. in height and is about 8-years-old. All passengers under the age of 16 must use seat belts. All front seat passengers, including the driver, are required to use a seat belt.

All traffic and parking tickets are paid at the Waterloo Village Court 41 West Main Street Waterloo, NY 13165.

You have two choices. You may call 9-1-1 and advise the operator that a warrant has been issued for your arrest and you would like to turn yourself in or you may appear at the Waterloo Police Department and advise the records personnel at the front counter.

Mental Health

The police department does not provide any specific mental health services to the public. The police department will assist individuals in getting information related to those services. Mental health services are available through the Seneca County Mental Health Department located at 31 Thurber Drive, Waterloo, NY. The mental health department’s hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 9 p.m., Monday thru Thursday and from 8:30 am. to 5 p.m. on Friday. Walk-ins are welcome during those hours or you can schedule an appointment. If you feel you are in crisis, you will be seen immediately by a mental health counselor. The phone number for the Mental Health Department is (315)539-1980. If you wish to speak with somebody and the office is closed, a 24-hour service is setup through Clifton Springs Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program (CPEP). That number is 1-800-310-1160. You can also click on the Seneca County Community Counseling Center for more information.


Pistol permit applications are available from the Seneca County Sheriff’s Office at the Records Division at the Seneca County Law Enforcement Center.  The forms are also online for you to fill out and print out to take to the Records Division.

You can obtain a handicap permit application from your doctor or the Village of Waterloo Administration Office. You need to fill out part 1 of the application and your doctor will fill out part 2. To obtain your permit, bring the application down to the Village Office along with either: 1. Your New York State Driver’s License or DMV Photo I.D. 2. A photo I.D. or birth certificate and proof of residence.