I want to come to the police station and speak with someone at the front desk. When can I do this?

The Waterloo Police Department operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The police department administrative offices are open from Monday thru Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and are closed on weekends. During administrative hours, there will be records personnel officer at the front office that you can speak directly with. You may also reach the police department front office by phone during those administrative hours. The phone number is (315)539-2022.

How do I obtain a copy of a police report?

Copies of police reports are generally available 5 days after the FOIL request is made at the police department. A member of the Waterloo Police Department will contact you when the copy of the report is ready to pick up.

How do I find out if a sex offender lives near me?

Click on the Offender Watch link. This link will bring you to the Seneca County Offender Watch website homepage. Once on the homepage, all you need to do is click on the “Search for Offenders in your area” button and follow the instructions. You can also contact the Waterloo Police Department for any questions.

When must child restraint seats be used?

Children under the age of 4 and weighing less than 40 pounds must be in approved child safety seats. Children ages 4, 5, 6, and 7 must be properly secured in an appropriate child restraint system, such as a child safety seat, harness/vest, or booster seat. Seat belts are not designed for children under a height of 4 ft., 9 in. and do not protect small children. Your child should stay in a booster seat until the adult seat belt fits him or her properly. This is usually when your child reaches 4 ft., 9in. in height and is about 8-years-old. All passengers under the age of 16 must use seat belts. All front seat passengers, including the driver, are required to use a seat belt.

How do I take care of a warrant issued for my arrest?

You have two choices. You may call 9-1-1 and advise the operator that a warrant has been issued for your arrest and you would like to turn yourself in or you may appear at the Waterloo Police Department and advise the records personnel at the front counter.